Saturday, October 1, 2016

Things we are enjoying getting accustomed to (and others...uhmmm, not so much). PART I

Like amazing gelato--we're definitely enjoying getting accustomed to that! They put all the flavors you would like in one cone. We chose raspberry, lime-basil, mango, stracciatella (chocolate chip), chocolate amorino, vanilla bourbon, noisette (hazelnut), and strawberry.


And, unbelievably, they scoop it so each scoop forms a petal of a beautiful rose in the cone vase:

Pictures just don't do it justice



As I've mentioned before (probably on several occasions), we are REALLY enjoying the pastries (as you can see from our growing girth in many of the posts). Here is yet another bakery excursion:




Just simply unbelievable in taste AND presentation. The French are truly pastry and bread artists.
I'm afraid I'm getting too used to the beautiful architecture--it's everywhere we go and everywhere we look. It's phenomenal and I want to always be awestruck by it.






The cathedrals, of course, are breathtaking--both outside and in.












Even unknowingly walking down little streets in little villages holds wondrous surprises:
















 



It seems I often find the best visual treasures by looking up. I have to not worry so much about misstepping on the cobblestone streets and lift my head toward heaven (a lesson I've been taught all my life and am still working on).



Notice the big watering can hanging from the tree :)


We are gratefully surrounded by beauty...



















...and beautiful friends in beautiful places!



2 comments:

  1. It looks like the weather is warm! We hope it stays that way for another month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let's hope. Today was beautiful! Can't wait to see you here.

      Delete